Saturday, July 12, 2014

Final Thoughts

Well, another trip is complete.  I got all my "stuff" from the trip washed (thank you Cathy!) and put away.  I got the bike washed today (it was really dirty!) and the oil changed as well.  So things are now back to "normal".

Here are some of the statics:

  • Total Days On the Road: 13 (only 5 vacations days from work required!)
  • Total Trip Mileage: 4,962 (shortest of the trips I have done)
  • Average Miles Per Day: 414
  • Total Mileage on the bike: 88,000
    • It is a model year 2006 that I purchased in 2009 with 20,000 miles on it.
    • This is my 6th summer of riding the bike and I have put on over 70,000 miles by the end of the season.  That is an average of over 11,500 miles per year.
  • I rode in a total of 8 states: Minnesota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Kansas, and Iowa.
  • I stayed with family/friends 4 nights, stayed in hotels 3 nights, and camped 5 nights.
  • I visited 4 National Parks: Capital Reef, Bryce Canyon, Zion, and the Grand Canyon
  • I spent $352 on gas (96 gallons).  I averaged 49 miles per gallon.
  • Temperature: Lowest riding temp was 36 degrees when leaving Frisco CO.  The warmest was 108 degrees when approaching Phoenix.
This trip was a combination of seeing family, riding some great roads, seeing some great sights, and doing a little work (just 1 day). A great combination. Some of the places I had seen before, such as Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks.  Many other places I had never been before such as the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and Pikes Peak.

Once again I was very fortunate that the trip went as planned.  No weather problems.  No mechanical problems. Everything went as planned.  I followed my planned route fairly close but I did make a few alternations during the ride.  Here is the map with the complete route for this trip.


I hope you enjoyed following along with my trip!  As I say: "There is no better way to see the world than on a motorcycle!"

No comments:

Post a Comment